If you have never had physiotherapy, the initial appointment last 45 to 60 minutes allowing time for a comprehensive assessment and treatments.
When you see our physiotherapist he will initially ask you questions regarding:
- Your symptoms, lifestyle, health, and work
- When and how the problem started
- What makes it better or worse
- What it prevents you doing and how that impacts on your life
- Your expectations of physiotherapy
The physiotherapist will then conduct a physical examination (face to face) or ask you to complete certain movements (remote) in order to find the cause of pain or injury, which may include assessment of a different area contributing to the problem. The patient will then receive explanations and a diagnosis. A mutually agreed plan of action will be discussed followed by treatment of pain/injury depending on stage and severity.
*IF AVAILABLE PLEASE BRING ANY RELEVANT MEDICAL INFORMATION AND/OR SCANS, AND WEAR SUITABLE CLOTHING ALLOWING FOR ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT.