- All products are added to your cart.
The Black Crows Camox Freebird is a directional and lighter weight version of its fabulous, well established, older brother the Camox. It's some 1000 grms lighter a pair so enough to make a real difference to energy levels at the end of a long climb. A
BLACK CROWS Camox Freebird Ski
Beautifully balanced ski with a lively response and agile manoeuvrability. Smooth and precise there are a lot of plus points to this very versatile touring specific ski.
Wide enough for good float, when all but the heaviest of skiers are aboard, the 17m turn radius makes turn initiation very easy and with its secure edge grip it is a ski to breed confidence.
Black Crows Say:-
Best of the mid-fat touring skis the new Camox Freebird has an updated core and a shortened ABS section.
It’s livelier than its predecessor, and has more grip; but above all, this new Camox Freebird has been made distinctly lighter, which makes a lot of difference in a touring ski. A sporty flex, classic camber and double rocker, all the pleasure of off-piste in a touring version.
- weight: 2750g/pair @178cm, 600g/pair less than the earlier version
- intermediate width: 96 mm wide at the tail.
- progressive front rocker and slight rear rocker: pivot control, manoeuvrability, planing.
- medium classic camber: classic camber underfoot with intermediate ski-snow contact: balances manoeuvrability with stability.
- slightly raised tail: Soft ending to curves, practical for touring (for fitting skins or sticking skis upright in the snow, not an unimportant point).
- intermediate flex: a tolerant and comfortable ski.